LA Press Club's 2nd Annual National Entertainment Journalism Awards

I just got a note than Shawn Edwards and have Russ Simmons won Best TV Film Critic, the second year in the row the the pair have been honored as Best TV Film Critics.
This is the only winner I know of, as the awards winners, given out last night, have not been announced anywhere I can find on the web, including the LAPC website.
In any case, this win made me curious about who was in the running…
THE FINALISTS… As Reported by The LA Press Club on March 8, 2009
A1. NEWS STORY, PRINT
* Alexis Chiu, People Magazine
* Dan Halpern, Playboy
* John Horn, Los Angeles Times
* Oliver Jones, Alexis Chiu, Johnny Dodd, Jennifer Garcia and Brenda Rodriguez, People Magazine
* John Lafayette, Greg Baumann and Tom Gilbert, TelevisionWeek
A2. NEWS STORY, TELEVISION
* Robert Kovacik, Jeffreu Scharping and KhallidShabazz, KNBC-TV
* George Pennacchio, KABC-TV
* George Pennacchio, KABC-TV
A3. NEWS STORY, RADIO
* Claude Brodesser-Akner and Matt Holzman, KCRW
* Rachel Dornhelm, NPR

7 Responses to “LA Press Club's 2nd Annual National Entertainment Journalism Awards”

1. leahnz says:

congrats on making the finals, LYT, way to kick ass

2. mutinyco says:

“What’s with all these awards? They’re always giving out awards. Best Fascist Dictator: Adolf Hitler.”

3. TMJ says:

I wonder how many people enter this contest. Like most associations, they charge a fee just so you can enter. But unlike most, there’s no prestige (yet) tied to a win.

4. christian says:

Way to go, LYT!

5. Joe Leydon says:

TMJ: Well, gee, how much is the fee?

6. LYT says:

Fee was $30 per entry, I think (which is half what the big Press Club awards cost). I didn’t even get top three, but at least the food and drinks were free (some truly odd Russian beers, for some reason), and Shawn Edwards wasn’t top 3 in my category either, so maybe he didn’t do better.
    Tom Tangney won in my category, and he was so excited and happy that there was no way I or anyone else could feel too bad about it. Real nice guy.

~ Quentin Tarantino