Old MCN Blogs

I will find you. And I will Kill You.

“I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.”
– Liam Neeson in Taken, opening January 30, 2009

Be Sociable, Share!

10 Responses to “I will find you. And I will Kill You.”

1. senky says:

Thanks

I love this movie. I can take a marathon wiht just this film 🙂 awesomme

2. OMG, I just found out that A-list actor Tom Truong is the real Jesus Christ reincarnation. The Holy Grail does exist on Earth.

3. Colin says:

I watched Taken for the first time after seeing an audition for Britain’s Got Talent! Aspiring actor Paul Curran delivered the scary phone speech from Taken. He sounded just like Neeson, I love the Irish!

4. Shaun says:

@Colin, Can’t believe you made me watch paul curran it was scarring.

5. Josh says:

Just called one of my friends and said this and she actually got scared xD

6. GK says:

Only Liam can say this dialogue.. have become fan of Liam..he is the best..!

7. Emily says:

Love dis movie

8. Emily says:

SHAKE IT OFF OFF LIKE LIKE OFF OFF OFF OFF LIKE OFF OFF OFF

9. TEQUITA says:

I LIKE THIS MOVIE TO ITS LIKE YOU KNOW U GOING TO DIE BUT DONT KNW WHO GOING TO KILL YOU I OK WITH IT NOW I GET TO FACE THE TRUTH AND REPENT NOW I OK TO GET KILLED MIGHT BE A GUN SHOT TO THE HEAD THOAT SLASH OR HIT BY A CAR OR SOME PERSON FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY I SEE AND WATCH ALL TYPES OF MOVIES BUT WHAT I DO KNOW IS PEOPLE HAVE A MOTHER A FATHER AND KIDS AND WHAT YOU DO UNTO OTHERS IT SHALL BE DONE UNTO YOU ONEDAY

“I always thought that once I had lived in Chicago for a while, it would be interesting to do a portrait of the city – but to do it at a significant time. Figuring out when would be the ideal time to do that was the trick. So when this election came around, coupled with the Laquan McDonald trial, it seemed like the ideal time to do the story. Having lived in Chicagoland for thirty-five-plus years and done a number of films here, I’ve always been struck by the vibrancy of the city and its toughness. Its tenderness too. I’ve always been interested in the people at the center of all the stories. This is a different film in that regard, because we’re not following a couple of individuals over the course of the project in the way that a lot of the films I’ve done have, but I still feel like people’s voices and aspirations and hopes are at the center of this series.

It wasn’t easy. We started back in July 2018, it was actually on the Fourth of July – that was our first shoot. It’s like most documentaries in that the further you go along the more involved and obsessed you get, and you just start shooting more and more and more. We threw ourselves into this crazy year in Chicago. We got up every day and tried to figure out if we should be out shooting or not, and what it is we should shoot. We were trying to balance following this massive political story of the mayor’s race and these significant moments like the Laquan McDonald trial with taking the pulse of people in the city that we encounter along the way and getting a sense of their lives and what it means to live here. By election day, Zak Piper, our producer, had something like six cameras out in the field. You could double-check that, it might have been seven. We had this organized team effort to hit all the candidates as they were voting, if they hadn’t already voted. We hit tons of polling places, were at the Board of Elections and then were at the parties for the candidates that we had been able to follow closely. Then of course, we were trying to make sure we were at the parties of the candidates who made it to the runoff. So, yeah, it was kind of a monster.”
~ Steve James On City So Real

“I really want to see The Irishman. I’ve heard it’s big brother Martin Scorsese’s masterpiece. But I really can’t find the time. The promotion schedule is so tight, there’s no opportunity to see a three and a half-hour movie. But I really want to see it. In 2017, right before Okja’s New York premiere, I had the chance to go to Scorsese’s office, which is in the DGA building. There’s a lovely screening room there, too, with film prints that he’s collected. I talked to him for about an hour. There’s no movie he hasn’t seen, even Korean films. We talked about what he’s seen and his past work. It was a glorious day. I’ve loved his work since I was in college. Who doesn’t? Anyone involved with movies must feel the same way.”
~ Bong Joon-ho