BYOB – Christmas Eve…. ahhhhh

If you don’t get the reference, check the Top Ten lists…

7 Responses to “BYOB – Christmas Eve…. ahhhhh”

1. T. Holly says:

T.Holly: Rev Rd, Milk, Wall E, House Bunny, Gomorrah, Defiance, Body of Lies, Taxi to the Dark Side, Operation Filmmaker and Stop-Loss.
    Ray Pride: 1 – Reprise, 2 – Silent Light, 3 – Happy-Go-Lucky, 4 – The Dark Knight, 5 – Of Time And The City, 6 – A Christmas Tale, 7 – My Winnipeg, 8 – Summer Palace, 9 – Edge of Heaven, 10 – Still Life
    David Poland (Note: NOT RANKED): 1 – A Christmas Tale, 2 – Battle For Haditha, 3 – Che, 4 – Hunger, 5 – Man On Wire, 6 – Milk, 7 – Rachel Getting Married, 8 – Slumdog Millionaire, 9 – WALL-E, 10 – Waltz with Bashir.
    I can make yours up. I do astrology and tarot card reading too.

2. T. Holly says:

Sorry, I missed Kim Voynar on first go round, but knew to look back. Go Frozen River!
    1 – Frozen River
    2 – A Christmas Tale
    3 – Happy-Go-Lucky
    4 – Slumdog Millionaire
    5 – Rachel Getting Married
    6 – Milk
    7 – The Visitor
    8 – In Bruges
    9 – Chop Shop
    10 – Adam Resurrected

3. Triple Option says:

Despite the fact that it’s been cloudy and cold, it really doesn’t seem like it’s Christmas Eve already. I’m not even close to sick of hearing carols. Although I will support any legislation that makes it a federal offense to cover “The Christmas Song.” Nat King Cole – ONLY!! Mel Torme, obviously since he wrote it but at this point I don’t know if we should even give Natalie a pass. I guess Nat would want it that way but apart from that NO MAS!
    I

4. Joe Leydon says:

Merry Christmas to one and all!

5. anghus says:

Seeing Rachel Getting Married on any list just amazes me. Anne Hathaway was brilliant. Everything else was a meandering mess.
    Any love for that movie will do nothing but confuse me. Small, intimate story moments flanked between world music and long scenes where nothing happens.
    While i can understand respect for a failed experiment, it still failed.

6. EOTW says:

Just saw WENDY & LUCY. Can someone explain to me why someone would steal dog food when they have at least $50 on their person?

7. Joe Leydon says:

Very happy to see Valkyrie and Benjamin Button posting better Christmas Day numbers than many — most? — expected.

“We don’t have any idea what the universe is. Wise people have always told us that this is proof you shouldn’t think, because thinking leads you nowhere. You just build over this huge construction of misunderstanding, which is culture. The history of culture is the history of the misunderstandings of great thinkers. So we always have to go back to zero and begin differently. And maybe in that way you have a chance not to understand but at least not to have further misunderstandings. Because this is the other side of this question—Am I really so brave to cancel all human culture? To stop admiring the beauty in human production? It’s very difficult to say no.”
~ László Krasznahorkai

“I have a license to carry in New York. Can you believe that? Nobody knows that, [Applause] somebody attacks, somebody attacks me, oh, they’re gonna be shot. Can you imagine? Somebody says, oh, it is Trump, he’s easy pickings what do you say? Right? Oh, boy. What was the famous movie? No. Remember, no remember where he went around and he sort of after his wife was hurt so badly and kill. What?  I — Honestly, Yeah, right, it’s true, but you have many of them. Famous movie. Somebody. You have many of them. Charles Bronson right the late great Charles Bronson name of the movie come on.  , remember that? Ah, we’re gonna cut you up, sir, we’re gonna cut you up, uh-huh.

Bing!

One of the great movies. Charles Bronson, great, Charles Bronson. Great movies. Today you can’t make that movie because it’s not politically correct, right? It’s not politically correct. But could you imagine with Trump? Somebody says, oh, all these big monsters aren’t around he’s easy pickings and then shoot.”
~ Donald Trump