The Swing Vote Campaign That You Should Have Seen

13 Responses to “The Swing Vote Campaign That You Should Have Seen”

1. bluelouboyle says:

Funny stuff. Have you seen it, Dave? Any good?
    Trailer makes it look like Tin Cup with Politics. Which could be good, as I love Tin Cup.

2. SpooneyG says:

Ha! Those are great, I especially love the reference to the grade school elections in the first one, that cracks me up.
    I have a chance to go to a Swing Vote screening tonight if I can just get out of work in time. I really want to get to it — I definitely feel like this movie is going to have some elements of Dave and some of Tin Cup.

3. RoyBatty says:

These have been up on YouTube for two months. I think they have been seen, just not by enough to matter.

4. chris says:

It is not good, bluelou. But I didn’t like ‘Tin Cup,” either.

5. Dunderchief says:

I liked Tin Cup, but this thing should be avoided like the plague. It will hurt your brain, it’s so bad.

6. Cadavra says:

Good God, am I the only one who recognizes this picture as a stone rip-off of Garson Kanin’s THE GREAT MAN VOTES, right down to the little girl? When did plagiarism no longer become a crime?

7. scooterzz says:

actually, the post recognized it some time ago…

8. Wrecktum says:

Swing Vote is good. Don’t let the haters hate.

9. scooterzz says:

wrecktum — i didn’t hate it but i sure didn’t like it… i’m guessing it’s going to sink pretty fast…. there’s a whole lotta forced charm going on in this one…..

10. LexG says:

But doesn’t much of middle America love Costner’s charm, forced or not?
    Dude is a WAY bigger draw to this day than he gets H-Town credit for; Most of America still loves this guy and will follow him just about anywhere… though wonk-ish political satire tends to flop even when well-done.

11. bluelouboyle says:

Costner should do another western. Open Range was fantastic. If he can do that on $15 million…

12. scooterzz says:

lex — you’re right about the charm thing…and this movie prob won’t lose any money…. it just isn’t very good…. i guess i just want my time back….
    and — there’s a part of me that thinks audiences don’t want to see an election movie any more than they want to see a ‘sand’ movie…..i’m thinkin’ a different title might’ve been a good move….

13. Joe Leydon says:

Have you noticed the split between “Top Critics” and the entire critical mass over at Rotten Tomatoes? 77 % percent of the top critics give Swing Vote upbeat notices. But when all the critics are counted — only 31 % approve. Does this say something about the divide between established critics (most of them writing for MSM) and lesser-known reviewers (most of them writing for other outlets)?

“We don’t have any idea what the universe is. Wise people have always told us that this is proof you shouldn’t think, because thinking leads you nowhere. You just build over this huge construction of misunderstanding, which is culture. The history of culture is the history of the misunderstandings of great thinkers. So we always have to go back to zero and begin differently. And maybe in that way you have a chance not to understand but at least not to have further misunderstandings. Because this is the other side of this question—Am I really so brave to cancel all human culture? To stop admiring the beauty in human production? It’s very difficult to say no.”
~ László Krasznahorkai

“I have a license to carry in New York. Can you believe that? Nobody knows that, [Applause] somebody attacks, somebody attacks me, oh, they’re gonna be shot. Can you imagine? Somebody says, oh, it is Trump, he’s easy pickings what do you say? Right? Oh, boy. What was the famous movie? No. Remember, no remember where he went around and he sort of after his wife was hurt so badly and kill. What?  I — Honestly, Yeah, right, it’s true, but you have many of them. Famous movie. Somebody. You have many of them. Charles Bronson right the late great Charles Bronson name of the movie come on.  , remember that? Ah, we’re gonna cut you up, sir, we’re gonna cut you up, uh-huh.

Bing!

One of the great movies. Charles Bronson, great, Charles Bronson. Great movies. Today you can’t make that movie because it’s not politically correct, right? It’s not politically correct. But could you imagine with Trump? Somebody says, oh, all these big monsters aren’t around he’s easy pickings and then shoot.”
~ Donald Trump