BYOB – Tuesday… And On…

I don’t know how soon I will be adding the next entry… could be 10 minutes… could be 5 days…
Be careful out there.

13 Responses to “BYOB – Tuesday… And On…”

1. martin says:

Are you on crack, with all these posts?
    *kidding

2. Roman says:

Thanks David, you watch your back too.
    And with that I would like to hijack this topic:
    India wants to give DreamWorks $2 Billion:
    Thoughts? Suspicions?

3. mutinyco says:

Its Persis Khambatta’s revenge.

4. Roman says:

The 39 Clues:
    Clue #1. Spielberg won’t be directing.

5. Roman says:

Clue #2. They are trying to build a library of “safe” and “profitable” franchises.

6. Aladdin Sane says:

Come on Martin, don’t steal my schtick!

7. IOIOIOI says:

If the influx of Indian cash can help Dreamworks like it has helped countless other aspects of this world like Team Force India Ferrari. Dreamworks should be in good shape over the next few years. Since the Indian cash can usually buy a lot of good stuff.

8. jeffmcm says:

Clues to what? Spielberg won’t be directing what, movies? I kind of think he will be.

9. Monco says:

Did anyone else see that Rolling Stone has posted the first review of The Dark Knight. I didn’t know they were screening this already. I didn’t read it because I want to go in fresh but it was positive. Though coming from Peter Travers that doesn’t mean much.

10. Chucky in Jersey says:

Of course Peter Travers is a quotewhore. He also is a right-wing hack who denounced “Rendition” purely for political reasons.
    His conduct reminds me of those “Perception/Reality” ads Rolling Stone ran in trade papers during Reagan time. Those ads confirmed that Rolling Stone was so over, even back then.

11. LexG says:

Chucky has added a new skill set to his repertoire!

12. Jocab Smith says:

HEY This is a wonderful SITE. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.
    Click Fights

“What Quibi trying to do is get to the next generation of film narrative. The first generation was movies, and they were principally two-hour stories that were designed to be watched in a single sitting in a movie theater [ED: After formats like the nickelodeon]. The next generation of film narrative was television, principally designed to be watched in one-hour chapters in front of a television set. I believe the third generation of film narrative will be a merging of those two ideas, which is to tell two-hour stories in chapters that are seven to ten minutes in length. We are actually doing long-form in bite-size.”
~ Jeffrey Katzenberg

“The important thing is: what makes the audience interested in it? Of course, I don’t take on any roles that don’t interest me, or where I can’t find anything for myself in it. But I don’t like talking about that. If you go into a restaurant and you have been served an exquisite meal, you don’t need to know how the chef felt, or when he chose the vegetables on the market. I always feel a little like I would pull the rug out from under myself if I were to I speak about the background of my work. My explanations would come into conflict with the reason a movie is made in the first place — for the experience of the audience — and that, I would not want.
~  Christoph Waltz