THR Dives Into The Toilet With The Rest…

“Now we all deserve to die
Even you Mrs. Lovett…even I
Because the lives of the wicked should be made brief
For the rest of us death will be a relief
We all deserve to die.”

The Top Story Online…
thryoung.jpg

15 Responses to “THR Dives Into The Toilet With The Rest…”

1. anghus says:

as if we needed another reason to write off Sean Young. That EW interview she did earlier this year was cringe worthy.
    but with the tabloidization of media happening the way it is, it isn’t at all surprising.
    Last night my wife was watching one of those inside edition/extra/entertainment tonight shows spent the entire first segment breaking down Britney’s day. She drove here, she sat there, she went over here. Like, 6 minutes spent to nothing but following her around. And then some guy pops up on screen and under his name it says “Entertainment Journalist”
    Since when did “entertainment journalist” include watching camcorder footage and telling people what is happening?

2. Crow T Robot says:

Let’s face the facts… if Sean Young thinks your award speech sucks, it probably does. Schnabel was likely practicing that on stage act back when he was making the film and she up and drank his milkshake right then and there. South Park couldn’t have written it better.
    (and I love that grinning “fuck all you fuckers” pic of her alongside the one of him in his so-serious Silverlake coffeehouse glasses)

3. jeffmcm says:

It’s a dopey story, my question is, why was she allowed to be there in the first place?

4. LexG says:

Schnabel got OWNED.
    I’m with Crow. It was awesome. Too bad Young is either milking the publicity or overreacting by rushing into rehab, because that RULED.
    Big, pompous BLOWHARD. Christ, try being witty or funny or something. I realize not everyone has George Clooney’s suaveness in these situations, but I agree that whole “tortured artist fumbling for JUST the right words” shtick was indulgent and insulting.
    I know there are a lot of quirky and/or standoffish people in the biz, but I’m always perplexed that these great artistes who’ve scrappily sold themselves and their projects against insurmountable odds for years can’t manage the simple task of being charming or interesting in an interview or on a podium.

5. CaptainZahn says:

Write her off? She hasn’t received this much attention in fifteen years, anghus. She’ll probably have her own reality show on E! by March.

6. jeffmcm says:

I’d certainly rather look at her in Celebrity Rehab than Joanie Laurer or Jeff Conaway.

7. Roman says:

LexG, if that’s your definition of being owned than I hope that one day you’ll have a chance to demonstrate your own “suaveness”.
    I mean why not? If any other washed-up actress decides to fill a second of silence with the sound of her own voice let’s let her do it. In fact, let’s praise her for her great achievement. There’s nothing quite as brave than heckling when you have nothing to lose.
    Because let’s face it, Schnabel who actually earned his place in the DGA awards is more self important than some desperate actress without a career, right?
    And don’t delude yourself, quirkiness had nothing to do with it. There’s a difference between that and a lack of class.
    …I wonder if Sean dreams of Electric Unicorns?

8. I feel bad that Schnabel’s moment was ruined, but there is not one single thing about the story that is not completely and utterly brilliant. It just makes me chuckle every time I think of it.

9. LexG says:

Roman? Lighten up.
    What Kamikaze said.
    And Schnabel DESERVED to be heckled just for being FAT. Lose some weight, PRETENTIOUS FATBODY. And learn how to speak in public.
    And don’t doubt THE SUAVENESS OF THE LEX.
    I’ve been doing (unpaid, unsolicited, no-audience) OPEN MIKE COMEDY IN L.A. since 1996. I’d have them in stitches on that podium, son.
    Maybe FAT SCHNABEL should invest his WASTED DIRECTOR NOMINATION money on improv classes… evem the Michael Scott ones.
    Christ, what a fucking humorless stiff up there.
    Heckle away, Sean.

10. Zimmergirl says:

Are you being serious, LexG? And people let you get away with that? You’re actually resorting to calling Schnabel fat for defending himself against a drunk, sad, washed-up woman at an awards show? Please tell me you are kidding.

11. leahnz says:

i just saw it last night, thought it was hilarious. loved the uncomfortable laughter from the audience. they should get sean pissed at every awards show and turn her loose. brilliant.

12. Lynch Van Sant says:

Loved when Julie Chen told Letterman this story and he was cracking up and saying “this should happen all the time”. Goes to search the web for the video…

The thing about an event like this – aside from the media element, which is what the post was about – is that it is double-edged. I see what some of you see as funny.
    I also see that, clearly, no one who finds this heeeee-larious has ever been recognized in public for their hard work. Schnabel was hardly going drama queen before getting heckled. And still, when people do go on too long, they earned the right. He is hardly some hack who is going on about himself in a junket interview, not getting how unimportant the work was.
    People spend their lives dreaming of this kind of recognition. If any of you were directors, you would too. And to have it pissed away by a pissed actress is a shame. Julian is a character, wearing his pajamas around town and having the most gorgeous high-quality writer I have ever seen in this life in his parade recently. He’s a fighter and a hugger and arrogant and completely respectful and loving of his co-workers on his films. He also won the respect of his guild and deserved better… even if I see what some of you find funny.
    But I wasn’t even bringing up the heckling as a major issue… it is traditional media bending over backwards for a little attention and showing their ass (or spreading it) for a few hits.

14. The Big Perm says:

I’m glad LexG’s career is shit and he’s a loser with an overdose of self pity. It’s funny.

15. L.B. says:

Hey, if you can’t make it in the business just become a loudmouth on a blog comment thread. It’s almost the same thing. But not really.

~ Robbie Collin