Lunch With… Amy Ryan

amyryan.jpg
The Oscar nominee sits down to talk about the work in Gone Baby Gone, her next film (for Paul Greengrass and with Matt Damon), and life as a working actor turned media phenom almost overnight.

13 Responses to “Lunch With… Amy Ryan”

1. Mr. Gittes says:

Really looking forward to Imperial Life in the Emerald City ( or is it called Green Zone?). We all know films about Iraq are failing financially and critically but if there’s anyone that can do it “right”, it’s Mr. Greengrass and Mr. Damon. Come this time next year, Amy Ryan might be making the Oscar rounds again.

2. Hopscotch says:

It doesn’t have a tilte at the moment, “Green Zone Thriller”.
    Loved the book. great book.
    Can’t wait to see GBG.

3. I’m still a bit miffed that, as of right now, Gone Baby Gone won’t even be released here by the time the Oscars come around.

4. JB Moore says:

God I love her. Had a crush on her since season 2 of The Wire. Talk about doing a 180 from Beadie Russell to Helene McCready. I really don’t give a damn about the Oscars, but I’ll be pulling for her. She deserves it.

5. Wrecktum says:

She cleans up nicely.

6. 555 says:

Is that The Dude over her left shoulder?

7. frankbooth says:

It’s either The Dude or Joe Eszterhas.
    I watched the entirety of GBG without realizing I was looking at Beadie from Season 2 of The Wire. Just kept thinking she looked familiar. After looking her up on imdb, I had a completely different impression of her talent.

8. lazarus says:

Her character certainly has the most depth of the five nominees. While Blanchett’s work can’t be slighted, I think Ryan had a very difficult job that couldn’t be measured by how close she was getting to a well-known icon. She had to play totally despicable, and then somehow still make us care by the end of the film.
    I really think she deserves this, and it will help her career more than any of the others as well.

9. RP says:

If only everyone had the grace and good nature of this amazing actress (another fan of “The Wire” here). Thank goodness she’s finally getting the recognition and film roles that will bring her work to a wider audience.

10. MarkVH says:

I still can’t quite fathom the love for this performance. Beadie Russell is freakin’ awesome, but Ryan played GBG like a cartoon character. If she wins then fine, but you’ll never be able to convince me that this was a great performance.

Yes, 555… it’s a limited edition The Dude circus punk by Reuben Rude… one of my favorite things.

12. 555 says:

Sweet.

13. Hopscotch says:

If that item is owned by Ms. Ryan…she just became one of the hottest women of all time!!!

movieman on: BYOBlog