Sorry, but…

The Pirates of The Caribbean: At World’s End trailer kicks ass… even in Russian. (And even if it isn’t there when you click on it…)

15 Responses to “Sorry, but…”

1. Noah says:

I just hope this one clocks in under two and a half hours. There was so much tedium in the last one. Great effects and everything, I just hope it’s as fun as the first one.

2. waterbucket says:

Second!

3. Wrecktum says:

Whoever handles Disney marketing for the Russian territory is in deep ship…this is supposed to be embargoed worldwide until tomorrow.

4. Teh Awesome says:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by The Walt Disney Company.

5. Eric says:

Was the second one really that much longer than the first? They were both too long, but a ton of fun nonetheless.

6. EDouglas says:

Eric, the second wasn’t that much longer… but it just felt like it cause it wasn’t as well-paced.

7. Wrecktum says:

Pirates 1 was 143 minutes.
    Pirates 2 was 151 minutes.

8. Wrecktum says:

Oh…and Pirates 3 will be longer than Pirates 2, bet on it.

9. Blackcloud says:

Any longer and they might as well call it “Pirates of the Caribbean: Lord of the Rings.”

10. Direwolf says:

On Disney.com they are promoting the world premiere of the trailer tonight at 10 PM EDT.
    Nice of them to avoid conflict with 24 :-)

11. waterbucket says:

David, what’s all this rampant rumor of Gong Li being in Indy 4? Tell us what you know.

12. MattMcD says:

Here’s a scene from the movie, with a countdown to the trailer tonight:

13. Wrecktum says:

By the way, I saw this trailer at ShoWest. It’s hot.

14. Richard Nash says:

No one gets fired for leaking something good to the net or the press. They get fired for leaking bad reports to them.

Glamourboy on: BYO Keanu

Glamourboy on: BYO Keanu

Pete B. on: BYO Keanu

Glamourboy on: BYO Keanu

Pete B. on: BYO Keanu

Amblinman on: BYO Keanu

Glamourboy on: BYO Keanu

leahnz on: BYO Keanu

movieman on: BYO Keanu

palmtree on: BYO Keanu

“With any character, the way I think about it is, you have the role on the page, you have the vision of the director and you have your life experience… I thought it was one of the foundations of the role for John Wick. I love his grief. For the character and in life, it’s about the love of the person you’re grieving for, and any time you can keep company with that fire, it is warm. I absolutely relate to that, and I don’t think you ever work through it. Grief and loss, those are things that don’t ever go away. They stay with you.”
~ Keanu Reeves

“I was checking through stuff the other day for technical reasons. I came across The Duellists on Netflix and I was absolutely stunned to see that it was exquisitely graded. So, while I rarely look up my old stuff, I stopped to give it ten minutes. Bugger me, I was there for two hours. I was really fucking pleased with what it was and how the engine still worked within the equation and that engine was the insanity and stupidity of war. War between two men, in that case, who fight on thought they both eventually can’t remember the reason why. It was great, yeah. The great thing about these platforms now is that, one way or another, they’ll seek out and then put out the best possible form and the long form. Frequently, films get cut down because of that curse in which the studio felt or feels that they have to preview. And there’s nothing worse than a preview to diminish the original intent.Oh, yeah, how about every fucking time? And I’ve stewed about films later even more because when you tell the same joke 20 times the joke’s no longer funny. When you tell a bad joke once or twice? It’s fine. But come on, now. Here’s the key on the way I feel when I approach the movie: I try to keep myself as withdrawn from the project as possible once I’ve filmed it. And – this is all key on this – then getting a really excellent editor so I never have to sit in on editing. What happens if you sit in is you become stale and every passage or joke, metaphorically speaking, gets more and more tired. You start cutting it all back because of fatigue. So what you have to do is keep your distance and therefore, in a funny kind of way, you, as the director, should be the preview and that’s it.”
~ Sir Ridley Scott