The Daily David – Oscar Viewing, Pt 1 of 2

The YouTube version

Be Sociable, Share!

7 Responses to “The Daily David – Oscar Viewing, Pt 1 of 2”

1. Harley says:

Wow, that’s….? Buy a mirror for chrissakes!

2. martin says:

Nice lighting Dave, what pit of hell was that shot in?
    Does Monaghan remind anyone else of Kevin Smith?
    What was up with the retarded “factoids”? Like the POTC best visual effects win, announcer talking about how the guy was thinking about another profession because a hurricane hit during production. Sure, visual effects includes stuff on set, but first thing that comes to mind is people in front of computers in post production. Just a dumbass piece of trivia.
    And if you ask me, the lowpoint of all these awards shows is the animated characters on stage/in audience. Always seems forced and rarely amusing.

3. Tofu says:

???
    Everyone at least were interested in the Barry Lyndon bit.

4. Lota says:

you cut off Monaghan’s tribute to Lawrence/Otoole, you big dummy. [I apologize if it were accidental.] You looked fairly unresponsive or unsurprised Dave. Couldn;t you at least say “oh hell no” for wins you were unhappy about, or “Yes! there is a God!” for wins you were happy with? You need a hip flask.
    From the way you edited it, it almost appeared as though Gwynneth borrowed Nicole’s “wig” I mean hair (you know what I mean). Eerie.
    I sure dug being able to see George Miller’s and Robert Downey jr’s hair again.
    i had a beagle growing up, he was my best pal. We used to watch the Three Stooges together (and he Really watched them too).

5. waterbucket says:

What the…! At least make some comment instead of just nodding your head, man. Worst. David. Video. Ever.

6. Wellywood Rrrrr says:

Dave the film-maker is true to his words – ‘I have no problem with films that don’t have conventional act structure’.

Stella's Boy on: BYO Post-JOKER

Geoff on: BYO Post-JOKER

leahnz on: BYOFall

leahnz on: BYO Post-JOKER

Hcat on: BYOFall

Stella's Boy on: BYOFall

movieman on: BYOFall

Hcat on: BYOFall

Stella's Boy on: BYOFall

palmtree on: BYO Post-JOKER

“I really want to see The Irishman. I’ve heard it’s big brother Martin Scorsese’s masterpiece. But I really can’t find the time. The promotion schedule is so tight, there’s no opportunity to see a three and a half-hour movie. But I really want to see it. In 2017, right before Okja’s New York premiere, I had the chance to go to Scorsese’s office, which is in the DGA building. There’s a lovely screening room there, too, with film prints that he’s collected. I talked to him for about an hour. There’s no movie he hasn’t seen, even Korean films. We talked about what he’s seen and his past work. It was a glorious day. I’ve loved his work since I was in college. Who doesn’t? Anyone involved with movies must feel the same way.”
~ Bong Joon-ho

“But okay, I promise you now that if I ever retire again, I’m going to ensure that I can’t walk it back. I’ll post a series of the most disgusting, offensive, outrageous statements you can ever imagine. That way it will be impossible for me to ever be employed again. No one is going to take my calls. No one is going to want to be seen with me. Oh, it will be scorched earth. I will have torched everything. I’m going to flame out in the most legendary fashion.”
~ Steven Soderbergh