Box Office Hell

Smokin’ Aces | 14.1 | 8 | 11.9 | 7 | 10.3
Night At The Museum | 8.1 | 8 | 8.1 | 8 | –
Stomp The Yard | 7 | 7 | 6.3 | – | –
Catch & Release | 5.7 | 7 | 6.8 | 11 | 4.6
Dreamgirls | 5.6 | 6 | 8.7 | 8 | –
Blood & Chocolate | 3.3 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 1.7

11 Responses to “Box Office Hell”

1. LYT says:

Dear lord, are there actually people who want to see Epic Movie? I was paid to see it, and feel like I really earned my money the hard way.
    Smokin’ Aces has its flaws, but I can at least understand what people get out of it.

2. MattM says:

SBD has:
    Epic Movie–6.7
    Smokin Aces–5
    Catch and Release–2.7
    Night at the Museum–2.2
    Stomp the Yard–2.1
    Looks like the experts lowballed Smokin’ Aces (unless it melts down today and tomorrow), highballed Museum, and, especially if Catch and Release skews older and gets a bump, substantially underestimated it.

3. Stella's Boy says:

I don’t think Catch and Release was “substantially underestimated.” The average of the predictions for it is $7 million, and it will make about $8 million.

4. Chicago48 says:

This is a pathetic boxo – especially the BP noms, thought at least DG would be top 5, with Pan’s 6 and others following behind. What does this say about the future of movies? Are we relegated to CGI-big budgeted slab? If the BP noms can’t get people in the door, I am afraid for the future.

5. jeffmcm says:

Now that I’ve seen Smokin’ Aces, I can say that it’s okay, good craft (cinematography, editing) at the service of a pretty mediocre script that feels out of date. It’s definitely mired in a post-Tarantino mindset. But it’s better than Domino.

6. EDouglas says:

‘But it’s better than Domino.”
    But couldn’t one say that about every single movie ever made?

7. Cadavra says:

You didn’t see MARIE ANTOINETTE, did you? 😉

8. James Leer says:

I did, and it’s far better than Domino.

9. Cadavra says:

O-o-o-o-o-kay…

10. Lota says:

Marie Antoinette was as dull as Domino was bad. They both were bad extended commericals really and didn;t seem like feature films at all.

11. jeffmcm says:

Domino was worse. But it was still better than Flyboys (now on DVD! Don’t rent it!)

Box Office