A Globes Thread

I assume some of you want to bat it aorund. I will just be happy to see them end so I can get to Sundance in peace.
Here is a link to Gurus, which has all the noms in movie categories…

9 Responses to “A Globes Thread”

1. Joe Leydon says:

Remember the days when you saw the Golden Globes during the first weekend of Sundance, and the Super Bowl during the second?

2. Wrecktum says:

Are the Globes today or tomorrow?
    Doesn’t matter either way…I’ll be watching Jack Bauer both days instead.

3. Blackcloud says:

I remember the days when you didn’t see the Globes.

4. Crow T Robot says:

My big prediction for tonight: Jack Bauer will shoot and kill ONLY twenty bad guys… give or take a few Chinamen.
    Repeat:
    Jack = 20
    Bad Guys = 0

5. Wrecktum says:

I stopped watching the Globes the year Scent of a Woman won Best Pic. I mean…seriously.

6. EthanG says:

Could care less…they made themselves a laughingstock this year by nominating Bobby for best pic over United 93.
    My only hope is Pan’s Labyrinth gets the upset win over “Letters.”

7. Eddie says:

I was disappointed in Sunday’s 24. Hope the Monday eps are better.

8. Hallick says:

“I was disappointed in Sunday’s 24. Hope the Monday eps are better.”
    Does ANYONE in the CTU understand that a poker face might stop busybodies 40 yards away in another room from seeing that you’re doing something you shouldn’t be doing? Why not just let out an 80dB gasp every three seconds?

9. Eddie says:

I find it interesting that they got Kal Penn living directly across the street from a whole family of bad actors.

“We don’t have any idea what the universe is. Wise people have always told us that this is proof you shouldn’t think, because thinking leads you nowhere. You just build over this huge construction of misunderstanding, which is culture. The history of culture is the history of the misunderstandings of great thinkers. So we always have to go back to zero and begin differently. And maybe in that way you have a chance not to understand but at least not to have further misunderstandings. Because this is the other side of this question—Am I really so brave to cancel all human culture? To stop admiring the beauty in human production? It’s very difficult to say no.”
~ László Krasznahorkai

“I have a license to carry in New York. Can you believe that? Nobody knows that, [Applause] somebody attacks, somebody attacks me, oh, they’re gonna be shot. Can you imagine? Somebody says, oh, it is Trump, he’s easy pickings what do you say? Right? Oh, boy. What was the famous movie? No. Remember, no remember where he went around and he sort of after his wife was hurt so badly and kill. What?  I — Honestly, Yeah, right, it’s true, but you have many of them. Famous movie. Somebody. You have many of them. Charles Bronson right the late great Charles Bronson name of the movie come on.  , remember that? Ah, we’re gonna cut you up, sir, we’re gonna cut you up, uh-huh.

Bing!

One of the great movies. Charles Bronson, great, Charles Bronson. Great movies. Today you can’t make that movie because it’s not politically correct, right? It’s not politically correct. But could you imagine with Trump? Somebody says, oh, all these big monsters aren’t around he’s easy pickings and then shoot.”
~ Donald Trump