iKlipzin'

I loaded up some video on iKlipz…
1. The ET segment on Infamous which got me worried about Toby Young.
2. The MSNBC segment that Joe Leydon suggested I check out on faux direct-to-dvd movies that are showing up at DVD stores in the wake of major hits, including the aforementioned Snakes on a Train.
3. A classic trailer for Pink Flamingos, Bob Shaye’s breakthrough film, even before he came up with the name, New Line.
4. Last but certainly not least, the world changing scene with Divine that closes the film… don’t watch if you are squeamish… but there is something about the verite’ of it… the raw, anything-for-art, “what, and give up show business?” insanity of it that makes it, to me, one of the seminal moments in movie history. (And if you are thinking of a sexual pun based on that last part of the sentence, you’ll need to watch the whole film… there’s that too.)

9 Responses to “iKlipzin'”

1. jeffmcm says:

2. Blackcloud says:

There was a company that released knock-offs of Disney animated movies back in the ’80s and ’90s. I remember seeing them and thinking, “Do they really think people are that dumb?” I guess we know the answer.

3. Wrecktum says:

“Pink Flamingos is one of the greatest films ever made. It’s one of a very, very small group of films that actually has the power to disturb and offend me.”
    And that makes it great? The power to offend?

4. eoguy says:

Actually, I work at a video store and the movie people are confused about the most is Flight 93 — they think it’s United 93. Other stores in our chain have had to place stickers on the video saying “not the theatrical release.”

5. Josh Massey says:

Yeah, a friend of mine recently rented “Flight 93″ thinking the same thing. She complained that it wasn’t as good as I told her it was, but alas…
    That’s a forgivable error, though (especially since “United 93″ was called “Flight 93″ until just before its release). But anyone who rents “Pirates of Treasure Island” thinking it’s a Johnny Depp movie deserves what they get.

6. jeffmcm says:

“And that makes it great? The power to offend?”
    In the right dose, yes, personally speaking. And it’s not really an ‘offensive’ movie in that I like it, just a very strong, unique piece of work.

7. KamikazeCamelV2.0 says:

Okay, I sort’ve hate iKlipz. Can you not pause it, let it load, and then watch it? The whole buffering/downloading thing is awful to watch.
    I haven’t seen ads like the one for Pink Flamingos for a while. Occasionally they do it here for Australian films, but that’s about it.

8. KamikazeCamelV2.0 says:

Oh, and Toby Allen’s voice is much worse than Phillip Seymour Hoffman. But, my god, how great it was to see Sigourney Weaver and Isabella Rossellini on there!

9. Tofu says: