Bad Form

The most interesting thing about the letter, leaked to The Smoking Gun, is not that it surprised anyone regarding Ms. Lohan’s behavior or Jim Robinson’s temper or even that it got to the point where the agents have given up trying to make the situation better….
lohanletter500.jpg
…it’s that someone on the inside inside leaked this to The Smoking Gun with what seems like the undeniable intent to embarrass Ms. Lohan publicly.
As you probably know, TSG is generally made up of public documents, found by research and tips. This is the rare private document on that site. Had to be intentional. With 10 people in the distribution chain, you can be sure that at least half that group knows exactly who did the deed.
Fortunately, as Georgia Rule teaches, making up in Hollywood isn’t all that difficult…
lindsaymakeup.jpg
(I know… crude… but it struck me funny… must be Friday…)
Ironically, this weeks Lunch With David is about secrets.

47 Responses to “Bad Form”

1. Lota says:

maybe she’s about to get canned…If she’s costing so much $$$ in delays/reshoots and all the crew time etc. Wouldn;t be the first time she’s cost much extra $$$ on a movie.
    I am sure one of the CC. names got the black spot…to drop the letter-bomb.

2. Lota says:

Superfly–
    why do you have 4 glasses in front of you…? Hope not all are alcoholic (unless someone’s driving you home).
    and nice little joke “if you are about to become an executive…”

3. jeffmcm says:

This is awesome. Spoiled brats need firm discipline, even of the aggressively passive-aggressive variety.

4. palmtree says:

Lota, I think he says something about his guests not showing up.
    What happened to them, Mr. Poland?
    And I thought we were your guests (i.e. the camera), not the waiter.

5. Cadavra says:

I agree with Jeff. It’s about frickin’ time someone called her out for her unprofessional behavior. As I said on a previous post, no one expects any kind of work ethic from Paris Hilton, but Lohan has real talent and is pissing away her career; in fact, at this rate, if she doesn’t snap out of it soon, she’ll be dead before she’s 25.

6. Lota says:

“Lota, I think he says something about his guests not showing up.”
    Oooooh. Well might as well not waste it! Drink up Dave! We’ll get more secrets out of ya.
    I wish I could tell work secrets to somebody. My boss handles so much money I can’t. :(

7. Lota says:

You’re right Cadavra, but if yer Ma doesn;t strictly curb your behavior and your chemical ingestion before the age of 18…the girl is unlikely too after. It’s too bad because she does have some screen charisma/charm.

The glasses were meant to indicate that I was reduced to a liquid lunch in the heat… didn’t quite work… either did the waiter schtick… and I think I look like my very even tan has been replaced by a skin disease the way the lighting worked out this week… all my fault, really…
    This is still kinda Beta… hoping to hit a stride (and some other restaurants, with due love to Ammo) in the weeks to come.

9. Lota says:

Dave, dave. Don;t beat yourself up. I mean I understood everything you said this time (with Palmtree’s help) because you were speaking s-l-o-w (compared to before). The eyebrows calmed down too.
    Didn’t notice the skin disease thing. What’s a little skin disease in SoCal? Better than looking Orange like Paris.

10. Kristopher Tapley says:

She deserves to be publicly embarassed. She’s a spoiled, unprofessional bitch like the letter states. Facts are facts and deserve to be aired out in the open once in a while.

11. Tofu says:

Ladies and gentlemen… We have our new Two-Face!
    Still, that was pretty fun, but I guess I’m more into the overview presentation you did last week.

12. jeffmcm says:

That Georgia Rule photo looks more like puking than oral sex…which I guess is more fitting for LL.

13. jeffmcm says:

Is Jamie Stuart shooting these?

14. Eddie says:

I think the most interesting thing about the letter is that not once, but twice Robinson uses a period outside the quotes. What is this, England? Am I right, folks?
    Hello?

15. Lota says:

I could be wrong, but the period outside the quotes is for a partial phrase which is “inside the sentence”. I could be wrong, but the period outside the quotes is for a partial phrase which is “inside the sentence”. <–see?
    But then I did get alot of my education in Europe.

16. sky_capitan says:

But more importantly than firecrotch, why did Fox get youtube to pull video of a few clips of the Simpsons Movie?
    “This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner FOX because its content was used without permission”
    Are they trying to annoy me? It’s free advertising. If you don’t want it seen, then don’t preview clips anywhere because someone will cam it…
    I’ll find it somewhere anyway

17. James Leer says:

Kamikaze Camel is gonna be heartbroken.

18. Aladdin Sane says:

Lota, I believe you’re right.
    I think a period inside of the quotation only needs to be needed when you’re quoting dialogue/text that someone has said. As in, James Robinson called Lindsay Lohan “a spoiled child.”

19. Wrecktum says:

In the U.S., punctuation always goes inside quotation marks, with very, very few exceptions. In British writing guides this isn’t true but in the U.S., almost always.
    See this relevant page in the Chicago Manual of Style FAQ:

20. jeffmcm says:

It seems incorrect to allow anything inside of quotation marks that wasn’t present in the source material. You know, dishonest.

21. Lota says:

don’t know if I’d quote grammar from a manual that has the word “Chicago” in it. I mean have you heard “dem ‘uns over dere” speak? “Da Bears”? Huh?

22. EDouglas says:

Is it supposed to be irony that David’s favorite restaurant is called “Ammo”? :)

23. Blackcloud says:

I doubt Robinson wrote the letter himself. Maybe his secretary is British. At any rate, he or she is still using typewriter spacing, since there are obviously two spaces after each period, which is unnecessary in this age of auto-formating word processing programs.

24. Wrecktum says:

“don’t know if I’d quote grammar from a manual that has the word ‘Chicago’ in it. I mean have you heard ‘dem ‘uns over dere’ speak? ‘Da Bears’? Huh?”
    It’s from the University of Chicago, not the local chamber of commerce or sports page. The Chicago Manual of Style and the competing Strunk and White Elements of Style are the two most influential and important reference books on American style and composition.

25. KamikazeCamelV2.0 says:

“Kamikaze Camel is gonna be heartbroken.”
    I would if there seemed to be uncalled for malice, which many people have (such as Kris up above), but… yeah. whatever. Us La Lohan fans are used to this. Wash. Rince. Repeat.

26. jeffmcm says:

Used to what, her awful behavior or her bashers?

27. Spacesheik says:

Ammo is Dave’s signature, he should always go there,as soon as I see the exterior I crack up, it’s a great running gag as far as Im concerned.

28. EDouglas says:

I’m just worried that his fans/stalkers (you know who you are!!) will start staking the place out to get an autograph or a lock of his hair.

29. EDouglas says:

“Is Jamie Stuart shooting these?”
    Oh, snap!! Now if you want to dis David that’s one thing, but leave his poor defenseless cameraman out of it…he doesn’t have a blog to respond to you (yet).

30. mutinyco says:

I live in NY.

31. Spacesheik says:

“Since she’s playing a “rebellious, uncontrollable teenager” according to IMDB, maybe she’s method acting.”
    As Laurence Olivier told a constantly-pulling-an-all-nighter Dustin Hoffman during MARATHON MAN: “My dear boy, just act.”

32. KamikazeCamelV2.0 says:

“Used to what, her awful behavior or her bashers?” both.
    Wash (Bad Behaviour). Rinse (Media Reaction). Repeat (er, Repeat).
    People act as if this sort’ve stuff has never happened before. Like, welcome to Hollywood people.

33. THX5334 says:

Don’t pay any attention to Jeffmcm, KamiKaze.
    He loves to make snap judgements on people with no firsthand experience, and/or bash others to try and display some kind of ill perceived superiority. No doubt there’s some major insecurities being covered up.
    Oh Snap! There I go pulling a Jeffmcm on Jeffmcm.
    Truthfully Jeff, for every 50 negative postings you put on this blog, you say something insightful every now and again.
    As for Lohan. Yes, she is truly talented, so this is different than Paris.
    Just a different perspective:
    You got a drug addict ex-con for a father. A mother who is also an addict and is not interested in your emotional well being, but rather how much money her daughter can make for her;
    Add a little mix of supporting research that Addiction is much more genetic and the chances of it developing in a person coming from an addicted family are exponentially greater than it forming in someone who doesn’t;
    Throw in the sugar of Hollywood Stardom and you have a recipe for developing a destructive addiction.
    But you all go ahead and keep judging.
    Bunch of Haters. Wow.
    The more interesting thing to me, is as David pointed out, who is the asshole/genius that leaked the letter to TSG?
    Also, I do believe Drew Barrymore bounced back quite nicely at a much younger age from similar problems, so to count Lohan out because she’s developed her addiction young, is just plain wrong and naive (Many kids and teens have a much easier time kicking something compared to adults)
    Now, who leaked Gibson’s behaivor to TMZ?
    Man, if you want to be in front of the camera nowadays on the big screen, you just have to live and act and assume you’re on camera 24/7. Sucks, but that is the case with the interweb and camera phones and everything else nowadays.

34. jeffmcm says:

Thanks, THX. You’ve really opened my eyes.

35. Lota says:

Sorry Wrecktum! We used the Oxford grammar books one of my majors(summa cum laude) was English tho I cant spell.
    yes THX…there is a strong genetic component for certain types of physical addictions, but it studies of identical and fraternal twins both, the environment (money, loving home of 1 or 2 parents/grandparents, nutrition) makes all the difference and changes the “tendencies”. Too bad for Lindsay. Sounds like she used to be her parents’ parent even just a year ago.
    I suppose that someone RAN to leak the letter to stop money hemorrhaging and from an investor’s ultimatum.
    I’d be very impressed if she issues an apology and shows up early on the set, ready to work. She also should pay in full whatever losses the production has incurred from her behavior, as a measure of new-found maturity, so she doesn’t retain the blame for financially sinking her own production before it’s even finished.

36. waterbucket says:

I was hoping that she has learned something after working with Meryl Streep but apparently she hasn’t.

37. THX5334 says:

“She claimed somewhere that she wants a career like Meryl Streep’s and yet she continues to allow her career to crash and burn at an alarming rate.”
    Yeah, because one of the biggest symptoms of addiction is Self Sabotage. So it kinda goes par with the course.
    However, Hollywood loves a comeback story. If she gets her shit together, she’ll be fine. He’ll they don’t even care how she parties as long as she shows up to set on time and does her job.
    What Lota said about her paying for the production damages her behaivor has incurred is the smartest move she could make. To do it, and then have it leaked to the media just the way Robinson did, would be even smarter.

38. James Leer says:

There are major divas in Hollywood but none who miss as many shooting days as Lohan, who has regularly skipped out and shown up late to her last few starring roles. And definitely none so young. Is it “hating” to point out these facts? I loved her in “Mean Girls” and think she’s a great on-screen presence. I certainly hope she’ll make it to her comeback, and maybe this is the wake-up call she needs.

39. KamikazeCamelV2.0 says:

This is the first time I remember reading about Lohan missing shooting days. In fact, I remember hearing that she was nothing by professional on the sets of movies like Prairie and Bobby. I don’t remember hearing about her missing work for Just My Luck (except when she injured herself whilest filming) or Herbie.

40. Chucky in Jersey says:

Morgan Creek’s cuss-out to Ms. Lohan has gone global. The story made one of the UK “quality papers”, the Independent on Sunday.

41. Stella's Boy says:

Camel this is not the first time stories like this about Lohan have surfaced. There were accounts of similar behavior on the set of Just My Luck. I believe the New Orleans Times-Picayune ran them.

42. Lota says:

Stella is correct, in fact many NOLA outlets ran them, complete with complaints of locals complaining re. LL & her “minders” behavoirs.

43. Joe Leydon says:

And, you know, when you’re singled out for misbehaving in New Orleans… well, damn, that must be some serious misbehaving.

44. Lota says:

naah problem not Serious in the context of NOLA Joe, however it doesn;t show much consideration for others on LL’s part when she knows she is 1) famous and thus likely 2) can get someone 21+ in trouble if someone decided to make an issue of how she was ‘supplied’ with certain things.

45. James Leer says:

She missed work on both “Just My Luck” AND “Herbie”…in fact, she was about to be fired for it on “Herbie” until Angela Robinson took her aside and told her Hilary Duff was waiting in the wings to replace her. She also got kicked off the upcoming Aaron Eckhart film “Bill” and replaced by Jessica Alba.
    Lohan didn’t work long enough on “Prairie Home” and “Bobby” to affect those productions for long, but in her starring roles, she’s become a major liability.

46. Heya i am for the primary time here. I found this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I’m hoping to offer something again and help others such as you helped me.

~ Robbie Collin