The Basis For Superman 4.0:Superfamily United?

superdad.jpg
From Superdickery.com

9 Responses to “The Basis For Superman 4.0:Superfamily United?”

1. RoyBatty says:

DP – first feel free to delete this post, as it is OT. However, I did not see a link for e-mail addy on the blog page.
    Have you seen Falwell’s comments that in order to be successfull in Hollywood you must be homosexual? If anything screams “Start a new thread” it’s this latest idiotic announcement from the Rev.
    At last, I understand why I have yet to achieve success out here. It has nothing to do with the fact I haven’t written a new script in years – it’s because I don’t smoke cock.
    And here I was thinking just being a regular type sex pervert would get me in….

2. RoyBatty says:

Then again, considering all the “How gay is SUPERMAN RETURNS” chatter, perhaps it is a little more on topic than I first thought.

3. JckNapier2 says:

The best Superdickery entry involves the cover in which Superman and Batman talk about discovering a time machine. The caption makes perfect arguments about what could be done about such a time machine. It’s worth looking for.
    Scott Mendelson

4. jeffmcm says:

Speaking of gay, I liked the one where Superman emanated rainbows from his hands.

5. anghus says:

i love that site.
    in the movie when superman throws the ball like 8 miles, and the dog stops and whines, i thought it was an homage to the site.
    Superman really is a dick.

6. Lota says:

heh heh. Gives me confidence for Never liking superman comics and always opting for Iron man.
    When I looked at superdick 4, my first impression was Katie Holmes was Lois, Tom Cruise was Superman, and Titanman was “insert manly-but-disturbed A lister who wants to marry katie Holmes…and is wearing mask to hide botched plastic surgery”
    ha ha. move on up there Katie.

7. Aladdin Sane says:

Now that’s classic.

8. Josh Massey says:

Falwell was right – homosexuality is a slippery slope that directly leads to bestiality!

9. JckNapier2 says:

Still my favorite…
    Scott Mendelson

“I remember very much the iconography and the images and the statues in church were very emotional for me. Just the power of that, and even still — just seeing prayer card, what that image can evoke. I have a lot of friends that are involved in the esoteric, and I know some girls in New York that are also into the supernatural. I don’t feel that I have that gift. But I am leaning towards mysticism… Maybe men are more practical, maybe they don’t give into that as much… And then also, they don’t convene in the same way that women do. But I don’t know, I am not a man, I don’t want to speak for men. For me, I tend to gravitate towards people who are open to those kinds of things. And the idea for my film, White Echo, I guess stemmed from that — I find that the girls in New York are more credible. What is it about the way that they communicate their ideas with the supernatural that I find more credible? And that is where it began. All the characters are also based on friends of mine. I worked with Refinery29 on that film, and found that they really invest in you which is so rare in this industry.”
Chloë Sevigny

“The word I have fallen in love with lately is ‘Hellenic.’ Greek in its mythology. So while everyone is skewing towards the YouTube generation, here we are making two-and-a-half-hour movies and trying to buck the system. It’s become clear to me that we are never going to be a perfect fit with Hollywood; we will always be the renegade Texans running around trying to stir the pot. Really it’s not provocation for the sake of being provocative, but trying to make something that people fall in love with and has staying power. I think people are going to remember Dragged Across Concrete and these other movies decades from now. I do not believe that they will remember some of the stuff that big Hollywood has put out in the last couple of years. You’ve got to look at the independent space to find the movies that have been really special recently. Even though I don’t share the same world-view as some of my colleagues, I certainly respect the hell out of their movies which are way more fascinating than the stuff coming out of the studio system.”
~ Dallas Sonnier