Striking Colors

I don’t know that I have ever seen a one-sheet with this depth of color. Somehow, Sony seems to have gotten a real sense of texture in these one-sheets, even when wall-sized. The image idea is ok, but the color really hit me…
monsterhouseposter.jpg

15 Responses to “Striking Colors”

1. Lota says:

the myspace thingy is eyecatching too even if you aren;t interested in the movie.

2. palmtree says:

Lota, what’s the link?

3. RangerM11 says:

Is there any non-insider buzz on this film at all? The trailer seems to get no reaction from the audience every time I see it.

They’ve been waiting to push after Pirates, but they are screenign it extensively, including tomorrow night outside at the John Anson Mount with the LAFF.

5. KamikazeCamelV2.0 says:

I still don’t think it looks any good. The people looks god damned creepy as all hell.

6. Lota says:

non-insider buzz is that some of the Emily-fans like it because it’s goofy. Some of the hello kitty folks too but I don’t have a straw poll. or a Gallup.
    Palmtree–I just sign into myspace and I see some freaky stuff that looks like the one sheet has come to life…door to door. It looks better than the Chicken Little ads thats for sure. There’s something odd about the colors that makes you LOOOOOK, so it isn;t just the one sheet.
    I’m in a Fawlty Towers place (the mosquitoes have more authority and sense than the frickin staff) right now at geek convention hell so now that I have high speed access back again, I can sign in to myspace and see if the teaser is on some sort of loop.

7. Lota says:

well when i signed in this time I got Talladega Nights and Will Ferrell isn;t looking very pretty; I also got Open season.
    So it looks like some films have “featured profiles” in the little letterbox cube, but they aren’t trailers necessarily. too tired to keep hitting reload on different pages to see if I will hit the loop. maybe Columbia did a little featured profile for myspace, because it did not look like the Monster House trailer. (or maybe someone is pimping Columbia on myspace and made their own little “ad”).
    if I see it again i will hit it and see what the link says.

8. jeffmcm says:

Harry Knowles like this movie.

9. jeffmcm says:

I mean, “Harry Knowles love this movie.” Sorry.

10. RangerM11 says:

Well, if that isn’t THE seal of approval, then I don’t know what is.

11. EDouglas says:

It certainly looks more impressive on the side of a building.

12. Kristopher Tapley says:

I strangely am anticipating this film very much?

13. Blackcloud says:

^ I don’t know. Are you?

14. KamikazeCamelV2.0 says:

Nice one Cloud.

15. Blackcloud says:

Lol. Thanks, Camel.

“I remember very much the iconography and the images and the statues in church were very emotional for me. Just the power of that, and even still — just seeing prayer card, what that image can evoke. I have a lot of friends that are involved in the esoteric, and I know some girls in New York that are also into the supernatural. I don’t feel that I have that gift. But I am leaning towards mysticism… Maybe men are more practical, maybe they don’t give into that as much… And then also, they don’t convene in the same way that women do. But I don’t know, I am not a man, I don’t want to speak for men. For me, I tend to gravitate towards people who are open to those kinds of things. And the idea for my film, White Echo, I guess stemmed from that — I find that the girls in New York are more credible. What is it about the way that they communicate their ideas with the supernatural that I find more credible? And that is where it began. All the characters are also based on friends of mine. I worked with Refinery29 on that film, and found that they really invest in you which is so rare in this industry.”
Chloë Sevigny

“The word I have fallen in love with lately is ‘Hellenic.’ Greek in its mythology. So while everyone is skewing towards the YouTube generation, here we are making two-and-a-half-hour movies and trying to buck the system. It’s become clear to me that we are never going to be a perfect fit with Hollywood; we will always be the renegade Texans running around trying to stir the pot. Really it’s not provocation for the sake of being provocative, but trying to make something that people fall in love with and has staying power. I think people are going to remember Dragged Across Concrete and these other movies decades from now. I do not believe that they will remember some of the stuff that big Hollywood has put out in the last couple of years. You’ve got to look at the independent space to find the movies that have been really special recently. Even though I don’t share the same world-view as some of my colleagues, I certainly respect the hell out of their movies which are way more fascinating than the stuff coming out of the studio system.”
~ Dallas Sonnier