Striking Colors

I don’t know that I have ever seen a one-sheet with this depth of color. Somehow, Sony seems to have gotten a real sense of texture in these one-sheets, even when wall-sized. The image idea is ok, but the color really hit me…
monsterhouseposter.jpg

15 Responses to “Striking Colors”

1. Lota says:

the myspace thingy is eyecatching too even if you aren;t interested in the movie.

2. palmtree says:

Lota, what’s the link?

3. RangerM11 says:

Is there any non-insider buzz on this film at all? The trailer seems to get no reaction from the audience every time I see it.

They’ve been waiting to push after Pirates, but they are screenign it extensively, including tomorrow night outside at the John Anson Mount with the LAFF.

5. KamikazeCamelV2.0 says:

I still don’t think it looks any good. The people looks god damned creepy as all hell.

6. Lota says:

non-insider buzz is that some of the Emily-fans like it because it’s goofy. Some of the hello kitty folks too but I don’t have a straw poll. or a Gallup.
    Palmtree–I just sign into myspace and I see some freaky stuff that looks like the one sheet has come to life…door to door. It looks better than the Chicken Little ads thats for sure. There’s something odd about the colors that makes you LOOOOOK, so it isn;t just the one sheet.
    I’m in a Fawlty Towers place (the mosquitoes have more authority and sense than the frickin staff) right now at geek convention hell so now that I have high speed access back again, I can sign in to myspace and see if the teaser is on some sort of loop.

7. Lota says:

well when i signed in this time I got Talladega Nights and Will Ferrell isn;t looking very pretty; I also got Open season.
    So it looks like some films have “featured profiles” in the little letterbox cube, but they aren’t trailers necessarily. too tired to keep hitting reload on different pages to see if I will hit the loop. maybe Columbia did a little featured profile for myspace, because it did not look like the Monster House trailer. (or maybe someone is pimping Columbia on myspace and made their own little “ad”).
    if I see it again i will hit it and see what the link says.

8. jeffmcm says:

Harry Knowles like this movie.

9. jeffmcm says:

I mean, “Harry Knowles love this movie.” Sorry.

10. RangerM11 says:

Well, if that isn’t THE seal of approval, then I don’t know what is.

11. EDouglas says:

It certainly looks more impressive on the side of a building.

12. Kristopher Tapley says:

I strangely am anticipating this film very much?

13. Blackcloud says: