All CG… Even The Eyes… Amazing…

davyjoneseyes.jpg

12 Responses to “All CG… Even The Eyes… Amazing…”

1. Aladdin Sane says:

Can’t wait to see Cap’n Davey Jones in action on the big screen. It does look pretty fantastic.

2. jeffmcm says:

Does this mean Nighy was never on set?

3. Crow T Robot says:

Agreed. The years have not been good to our Davey Jones. And I can only image how crusty Mickey Dolenz, Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork are looking now too. Sheesh!
    (thanks, try the veal, folks)

4. Chris Tilton says:

I wonder what his balls look like in CG

Apparently he was on set with motion-capture stuff in his face.
    I thought the eyes were his and a reporter who talked to the team about the CG squid wrote to let me know that the eyes were CGed too.

6. Josh Massey says:

Bah, who needs actors anymore!?

7. EDouglas says:

I’d be worried about a Jar Jar factor if it were anyone but Bill Nighy… seeing the movie tonight and I can’t wait!

8. Tofu says:

This cat is just great with makeup effects. He was a real breakthrough performance in the otherwise worthless Underworld.
    So… Like… How does he breathe? Hehe.

9. Wrecktum says:

That shot is my favorite Davy Jones shot in the film. My second favorite is when he lights his pipe in his first scene and blows out the match with that little doohicky on his left cheek. Truly awesome.

10. adorian says:

This is going to be the #1 Halloween mask this year! I want one NOW!

11. KamikazeCamelV2.0 says:

Just look at the detail with the barnicles on his hat. My god, that’s impressive.

12. Sandy says:

I can actually “feel” his tentacles! Amazing!
    Looks like I’m going to see this several times just to appreciate all the CGI work.

movieman on: BYOBlog