All CG… Even The Eyes… Amazing…

davyjoneseyes.jpg

12 Responses to “All CG… Even The Eyes… Amazing…”

1. Aladdin Sane says:

Can’t wait to see Cap’n Davey Jones in action on the big screen. It does look pretty fantastic.

2. jeffmcm says:

Does this mean Nighy was never on set?

3. Crow T Robot says:

Agreed. The years have not been good to our Davey Jones. And I can only image how crusty Mickey Dolenz, Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork are looking now too. Sheesh!
    (thanks, try the veal, folks)

4. Chris Tilton says:

I wonder what his balls look like in CG

Apparently he was on set with motion-capture stuff in his face.
    I thought the eyes were his and a reporter who talked to the team about the CG squid wrote to let me know that the eyes were CGed too.

6. Josh Massey says:

Bah, who needs actors anymore!?

7. EDouglas says:

I’d be worried about a Jar Jar factor if it were anyone but Bill Nighy… seeing the movie tonight and I can’t wait!

8. Tofu says:

This cat is just great with makeup effects. He was a real breakthrough performance in the otherwise worthless Underworld.
    So… Like… How does he breathe? Hehe.

9. Wrecktum says:

That shot is my favorite Davy Jones shot in the film. My second favorite is when he lights his pipe in his first scene and blows out the match with that little doohicky on his left cheek. Truly awesome.

10. adorian says:

This is going to be the #1 Halloween mask this year! I want one NOW!

11. KamikazeCamelV2.0 says:

Just look at the detail with the barnicles on his hat. My god, that’s impressive.

12. Sandy says:

I can actually “feel” his tentacles! Amazing!
    Looks like I’m going to see this several times just to appreciate all the CGI work.

“I remember very much the iconography and the images and the statues in church were very emotional for me. Just the power of that, and even still — just seeing prayer card, what that image can evoke. I have a lot of friends that are involved in the esoteric, and I know some girls in New York that are also into the supernatural. I don’t feel that I have that gift. But I am leaning towards mysticism… Maybe men are more practical, maybe they don’t give into that as much… And then also, they don’t convene in the same way that women do. But I don’t know, I am not a man, I don’t want to speak for men. For me, I tend to gravitate towards people who are open to those kinds of things. And the idea for my film, White Echo, I guess stemmed from that — I find that the girls in New York are more credible. What is it about the way that they communicate their ideas with the supernatural that I find more credible? And that is where it began. All the characters are also based on friends of mine. I worked with Refinery29 on that film, and found that they really invest in you which is so rare in this industry.”
Chloë Sevigny

“The word I have fallen in love with lately is ‘Hellenic.’ Greek in its mythology. So while everyone is skewing towards the YouTube generation, here we are making two-and-a-half-hour movies and trying to buck the system. It’s become clear to me that we are never going to be a perfect fit with Hollywood; we will always be the renegade Texans running around trying to stir the pot. Really it’s not provocation for the sake of being provocative, but trying to make something that people fall in love with and has staying power. I think people are going to remember Dragged Across Concrete and these other movies decades from now. I do not believe that they will remember some of the stuff that big Hollywood has put out in the last couple of years. You’ve got to look at the independent space to find the movies that have been really special recently. Even though I don’t share the same world-view as some of my colleagues, I certainly respect the hell out of their movies which are way more fascinating than the stuff coming out of the studio system.”
~ Dallas Sonnier