What The Rudin-To-Disney Stories Aren

With so many studios playing ring-around-the-rosey, it

18 Responses to “What The Rudin-To-Disney Stories Aren”

1. Joe Leydon says:

Gosh, this post has been up for nearly four hours and, so far, no response from Spam Dooley. That’s… odd.

2. Dan R% says:

…you could hear a pin drop.

3. Mr. Blobby says:

Perhaps he’s out of the country?

4. bicycle bob says:

the spammer is just looking for a way to disagree with david on it. don’t worry bout him. he’ll find some janitor at disney to bad mouth someone here and give him gossip

5. Mr. Blobby says:

Isn’t it weird how few people have commented regarding this? It’s like everyone who reads this blog suddenly vanished.

6. Martin says:

Who’s Scott Rudin?

7. Terence D says:

I don’t think its about vanishing. I think most people don’t really care about the internals at studios. They care about the movies coming out and the stars and the directors. I think I know the industry fairly well and I don’t even know these names here. But thats why I come. To learn.

8. Mark says:

Rudin can do what he wants. But don’t work for him. Trust me. Lets just say really fat, gay men who yell and scream aren’t fun to work for.

9. bicycle bob says:

didn’t they base swimming with sharks on him? if hes anything like spacey, wow.

10. Spam Dooley says:

bob
    Leave it to you to be wrong and provoke my superior knowledge.
    Swimming with Sharks was based on BARRY JOSEPHSON at Columbia.
    as far as my comments
    WHO CARES about Publicists?
    Spam Dooley doesn’t

11. Joe Leydon says:

Well gosh, Spamster: Does this mean publicists are people you wouldn’t feed? That’s harsh, man.

12. jeff mcm says:

I heard the Swimming with Sharks/Scott Rudin rumor too, and sadly Spam is correct, that the writer was a former assistant to Josephson.

13. Spam Dooley says:

Why is it sad? I am Spam Dooley and I am always right- or else I don’t speak- unlike some of YOU.
    And have you seen a publicist lately?
    They don’t need feeding.
    I am Spam Dooley and I feed MY people.

14. Mark says:

Spammer is Jeff Wells. Bitter at Poland for having a ten times better site.

15. Spam Dooley says:

Mark is Mark Wahlberg, bitter at having worked with David Russell.
    I am Spam Dooley and I know all!

16. bicycle bob says:

spammer is the janitor over at the baja fresh on wilshire

17. Mark says:

You’re giving Spammer much too much credit. He’s at the Carl Jr’s.

18. Mark says:

Dave, it may be time to ban online poker. I don’t think he even cares about movies. Maybe Rounders.

~ Hideo Kojima

“They’re still talking about the ‘cathedral of cinema,’ the ‘communal experience,’ blah blah. The experiences I’ve had recently in the theatre have not been good. There’s commercials, noise, cellphones. I was watching Colette at the Varsity, and halfway through red flashes came up at the bottom of the frame. A woman came out and said, ‘We’re going to have to reboot, so take fifteen minutes and come back.’ Then they rebooted it from the beginning, and she had to ask the audience to tell her how far to go. You tell me, is that a great experience? I generally don’t watch movies in a cinema at all. Netflix is the future. It’s the present. But the whole paradigm of a series, binge-watching, it’s quite different. My first reaction is that it’s more novelistic, because if you have an eight-hour season, you can get into complex, intricate things. You can let it breathe and the audience expectations are such that they will let you, where before they wouldn’t have the patience. I think only the surface has been touched with experimenting with that.”
~ David Cronenberg