Three Days Without Spam Dooley…

Just noticing the quiet.

8 Responses to “Three Days Without Spam Dooley…”

1. Joe Leydon says:

Dave: It’s never a good idea to tempt providence.

2. Dan R% says:

Hehe. Very true Joe.

3. Mark says:

He got laid off from the cafeteria clean up crew at Warner Bros.

4. Spam Dooley says:

I don’t understand the needless attention?
    I only comment when there is something requiring comment.
    I was gonna remark on your slamming of the Slate baboon but by not even addressing all the money made on home video your point while correct gets muddled.
    In any case fear not
    I am Spam Dooley and I am among you always!

Welcome back.
    I believe I do mention home video endlessly. But I can’t go too far into that when the piece I am critiquing does not.

6. bicycle bob says:

yes u do dave.

7. Joe Leydon says:

Dave: For some reason, I am reminded of the classic “Gunsmoke” episode in which someone walks up to Matt Dillon (the lawman, not the actor) and says, “Sure is a quiet day in town, marshal.” Dillon agrees, and walks off. And then someone immediately shoots him in the back.

8. tom germana says:

Spam Dooley is that pathetic, bloated, comic book stealing, pretending to be a real producer, bad breath mouth breather, Don Murphy. He should be very careful about challenging this because I have very embarrassing proof.

~ Hideo Kojima

“They’re still talking about the ‘cathedral of cinema,’ the ‘communal experience,’ blah blah. The experiences I’ve had recently in the theatre have not been good. There’s commercials, noise, cellphones. I was watching Colette at the Varsity, and halfway through red flashes came up at the bottom of the frame. A woman came out and said, ‘We’re going to have to reboot, so take fifteen minutes and come back.’ Then they rebooted it from the beginning, and she had to ask the audience to tell her how far to go. You tell me, is that a great experience? I generally don’t watch movies in a cinema at all. Netflix is the future. It’s the present. But the whole paradigm of a series, binge-watching, it’s quite different. My first reaction is that it’s more novelistic, because if you have an eight-hour season, you can get into complex, intricate things. You can let it breathe and the audience expectations are such that they will let you, where before they wouldn’t have the patience. I think only the surface has been touched with experimenting with that.”
~ David Cronenberg