Three Days Without Spam Dooley…

Just noticing the quiet.

8 Responses to “Three Days Without Spam Dooley…”

1. Joe Leydon says:

Dave: It’s never a good idea to tempt providence.

2. Dan R% says:

Hehe. Very true Joe.

3. Mark says:

He got laid off from the cafeteria clean up crew at Warner Bros.

4. Spam Dooley says:

I don’t understand the needless attention?
    I only comment when there is something requiring comment.
    I was gonna remark on your slamming of the Slate baboon but by not even addressing all the money made on home video your point while correct gets muddled.
    In any case fear not
    I am Spam Dooley and I am among you always!

Welcome back.
    I believe I do mention home video endlessly. But I can’t go too far into that when the piece I am critiquing does not.

6. bicycle bob says:

yes u do dave.

7. Joe Leydon says:

Dave: For some reason, I am reminded of the classic “Gunsmoke” episode in which someone walks up to Matt Dillon (the lawman, not the actor) and says, “Sure is a quiet day in town, marshal.” Dillon agrees, and walks off. And then someone immediately shoots him in the back.

8. tom germana says:

Spam Dooley is that pathetic, bloated, comic book stealing, pretending to be a real producer, bad breath mouth breather, Don Murphy. He should be very careful about challenging this because I have very embarrassing proof.

“What Quibi trying to do is get to the next generation of film narrative. The first generation was movies, and they were principally two-hour stories that were designed to be watched in a single sitting in a movie theater [ED: After formats like the nickelodeon]. The next generation of film narrative was television, principally designed to be watched in one-hour chapters in front of a television set. I believe the third generation of film narrative will be a merging of those two ideas, which is to tell two-hour stories in chapters that are seven to ten minutes in length. We are actually doing long-form in bite-size.”
~ Jeffrey Katzenberg

“The important thing is: what makes the audience interested in it? Of course, I don’t take on any roles that don’t interest me, or where I can’t find anything for myself in it. But I don’t like talking about that. If you go into a restaurant and you have been served an exquisite meal, you don’t need to know how the chef felt, or when he chose the vegetables on the market. I always feel a little like I would pull the rug out from under myself if I were to I speak about the background of my work. My explanations would come into conflict with the reason a movie is made in the first place — for the experience of the audience — and that, I would not want.
~  Christoph Waltz